Our First Lineups
Top: Foot Locker / Bottom: Kania Couture
Welcome, Orleans Wellness Expo goers. J&K will be your hosts today for the Fitness Fashion Show! (J&K being Jessica and Kristy). That's right everyone, I had the honour of hosting the Fashion Show along with the STARFISH intern.
Though we were made aware of our roles way in advance, i.e. a week in advance, which is plenty of time in the fashion industry, everything was still last minute. We didn't even receive one of the vendor's clothes and lineup until the day of the show!
This was my very first opportunity to really be involved in every aspect of such a project. Since I love lists, I'll just list out what my exciting role as fashion show coordinator entailed:
- Contact potential companies/stores to request lending clothes. (A big difference here compared to when I was requesting samples for FASHION magazine. There, we wanted clothes, they'd give us clothes. Here, we had to explain in detail the purpose and such... which makes sense. But, I can definitely see a big difference with the big city.) Since the event was being held in Orleans, I focused on Orleans stores... and discovered that the mall doesn't have a GAP! That's a first.
- I wasn't really feeling good vibes about vendors lending clothes to us but surprisingly, after being persistent with it, some big stores pulled through! Wahoo! I got Gap from Bayshore and Foot Locker from Orleans to join in on the fun.
- I scheduled pick-up and delivery times with the stores (KANIA, Foot Locker, Gap, and Jockey Person to Person) as well as wrote a legal binding contract for each of them.
- Meanwhile, the intern organized all the models scheduled and kept them updated with instructions to prep for the show.
- Most stores picked their own outfits to show, but FOOT LOCKER let me pick outfits on my own. Though they weren't high-end luxury clothes, it's always fun to pick out things to wear without having to pay for them! (One of the male models liked his sweater I picked for him so much, that he said he'd go buy it after the show!) After receiving all the merchandise to for the show, I started selecting models for outfits and doing the lineup for the show!
- Last minute prep of the script - what a rush, but it was a success! We even had fitness tips added into the mix.
We were (... well I was) nervous. It wasn't perfect. But overall, it was an adrenaline rush!
Living in vivid.